Vice President Sales – USA
Categories: Sales & Marketing
Location: Manassas, VA
Advantech Wireless, an ISO 9001: 2008 certified corporation, is shaping the world with leading-edge wireless broadband communications. Since 1988, Advantech Wireless manufactures and deploys networking solutions for broadband connectivity, broadcast solutions and backhaul requirements using satellite and terrestrial wireless communications. Products include: VSAT / DVB-RCS Hub & Terminals, Satellite Modems, SSPA’s, Block-up Converters, Frequency Converters, Terrestrial Microwave Radios and Antenna Controllers.
Advantech Wireless is seeking a dynamic candidate to fill the position of Vice President Sales, USA from our US Office in Manassas, Virginia.
The VP Sales, USA will have responsibility of overseeing the sales function, developing and executing USA sales and channel strategy for the Company.
The VP Sales, USA, is a member of the Company’s Senior Management Team and is responsible for working with other such representatives within the Company to set strategic goals and direction for the organization. The position reports directly to the President and CEO.
Core job functions include:
- Report directly to the President and CEO on sales activities, including strategy, planning, attainment and health of client accounts
- Effectively manage the Advantech Wireless sales group for USA through support, mentoring, collaboration, empowerment and accountability
- Develop and oversee the execution of client retention and growth processes/activities
- Manage new business and renewal sales staff and distributors for the USA market
- Analyze sales variances and formulate corrective actions
- Provide feedback on market conditions, new opportunities, product penetration strategies and success
- Refine and evolve sales methodology and sales infrastructure
- Oversee all aspects of day-to-day sales operations and client services
- Oversee key client relationships and participate in the development of strategic client project proposals
- Meet with client accounts and support sales team travel activities Oversee the hiring and development of sales organization
- Assist in the development of training programs
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures
- Collaborate effectively with other functional groups within the Advantech Wireless Group as required in the selling process
- Other duties as assigned
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in Business Development
- Track record of selling communication solutions
- Understanding of different sales channel models as well as selling directly to end customer
- Understanding of and ability to use financial / business models to develop solutions and services sales rather than pure product sell
- Strong ability to execute sales objectives and develop new prospects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in such a way to influence management, peers, and customers.
- Strong ability to deliver meaningful presentations and convey technical information at all levels.
- Ability to positively influence customers and project / design teams.
- Ability to be successful in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently and make things happen
- Multilingual abilities
- Willingness to travel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required (in Engineering and/or Business Administration is preferred)
- Minimum 5 years experience is similar role
- Proven ability is sales and business development in Wireless Satellite products or related industry
- Related technical knowledge is an asset
To find out more about Advantech Wireless, explore our website at www.advantechwireless.com
Make your future at Advantech Wireless, we are more than a global company filled with innovative technology, it is the belief that the future of leading-edge communication lies with us, and in every situation one should be able to connect to the world.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Advantech Wireless is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Buy
- Advantech Wireless SapphireBlu™ Series of GaN based HPAs selected as Teleport Technology of the Year 2014
- Advantech Wireless to present A-SAT™ Discovery Hub Demonstration at Satellite 2014.
- Advantech Wireless to present details of its powerful UltraLinear™ GaN based SSPA Systems at Satellite 2014
- Advantech Wireless Announces the Release of New 10kW S-band GaN based Solid State Pulse Amplifier.
- Advantech Wireless releases new Synthesized Frequency Converter Series WAAS/ EGNOS Compliant
Location: Las Vegas Convention Center
Location: AmCham Business Center
Location: Marina Bay Sands, Singapore