VP SALES – LATIN AMERICA
Categories: Sales & Marketing
Location: Manassas, VA
Advantech Wireless, an ISO 9001: 2008 certified corporation, is the leading-edge wireless broadband communications solution provider since 1988.
Advantech Wireless is designing, manufacturing and deploying networking for broadband connectivity, broadcast solutions, video contribution and distribution and mobile 2G, 3G and LTE backhaul, using Satellite and Terrestrial Wireless Communications.
Our products include: Next Generation VSAT Hubs and Terminals, World-leading GaN technology High Power Amplifiers, SSPAs, Block-Up Converters (SSPB), Satellite SCPC Modems, Frequency Converters, Terrestrial Microwave Radios, Fixed and Deployable Antennas, Antenna Controllers, Routers and Ruggedized Products.
Advantech Wireless is seeking a dynamic candidate to fill the position of Vice President Sales, Latin America.
The VP Sales, Latin America will have responsibility of overseeing the sales function, developing and executing Latin American sales and channel strategy for the Company.
The VP Sales, Latin American, is a member of the Company’s Senior Management Team and is responsible for working with other such representatives within the Company to set strategic goals and direction for the organization. The position reports directly to the President and CEO.
Core job functions include:
- Report directly to the President and CEO on sales activities, including strategy, planning, attainment and health of client accounts
- Effectively manage the Advantech Wireless LATAM sales group through support, mentoring, collaboration, empowerment and accountability
- Develop and oversee the execution of client retention and growth processes/activities
- Manage new business and renewal sales staff and distributors for the Latin American market
- Analyze sales variances and formulate corrective actions
- Provide feedback on market conditions, new opportunities, product penetration strategies and success
- Refine and evolve sales methodology and sales infrastructure
- Oversee all aspects of day-to-day sales operations and client services
- Oversee the hiring and development of a global sales organization
- Assist in the development of training programs
- Oversee key client relationships and participate in the development of strategic client project proposals
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures
- Collaborate effectively with other functional groups within the Advantech Wireless Group as required in the selling process
- Meet with client accounts and support sales team travel activities
- Other duties as assigned
Place of Execution:
Services shall be rendered throughout the territory of Mexico, Central America and South America (with the exception of Brazil).
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in Business Development of Satellite and Terrestrial Wireless Communications.
- Track record of selling communication solutions for Satellite and Terrestrial Wireless Communications.
- Understanding of different sales channel models as well as selling directly to end customer
- Understanding of and ability to use financial / business models to develop solutions and services sales rather than pure product sell
- Strong ability to execute sales objectives and develop new prospects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in such a way to influence management, peers, and customers.
- Strong ability to deliver meaningful presentations and convey technical information at all levels.
- Ability to positively influence customers and project / design teams.
- Ability to be successful in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently and make things happen
- Multilingual abilities
- Willingness to travel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required (in Engineering and/or Business Administration is preferred)
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in similar role for Satellite and Terrestrial Wireless Communications required
- Proven ability is sales and business development in Wireless Satellite products or related industry required
- Related technical knowledge is an asset
To find out more about Advantech Wireless, explore our website at www.advantechwireless.com
Make your future at Advantech Wireless, we are more than a global company filled with innovative technology, it is the belief that the future of leading-edge communication lies with us, and in every situation one should be able to connect to the world.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted. Advantech Wireless is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Buy
- Advantech Wireless Transcend™ 800 – Point-to-Point Microwave Radio System operates successfully in Sri Lanka
- Advantech Wireless new SapphireBlu™ Series of GaN based HPAs wins Satellite Markets and Research Most Innovative Product of the Year Award
- Advantech Wireless Releases New Mentor™ Class 500W Ka-Band SSPA/BUC.
- Advantech Wireless Completes Turnkey Solution Deployment including its SapphireBlu™ Series of GaN based SSPA’s for a Major Military Customer in Latin America.
- Advantech Wireless Releases New Weather-Proof VSAT Terminal