Location: Dorval, Canada
Advantech Wireless, an ISO 9001: 2008 certified corporation, is shaping the world with leading-edge wireless broadband communications. Since 1988, Advantech Wireless manufactures and deploys networking solutions for broadband connectivity, broadcast solutions and backhaul requirements using satellite and terrestrial wireless communications. Products include: Terrestrial Microwave Radios, Antenna Controllers, SSPA’s, Block-up Converters, Frequency Converters, Satellite Modems and VSAT / DVB-RCS Hub & Terminals.
Advantech Wireless is seeking a dynamic candidate to fill the role of Project Manager. If you have a love for engineering and technology as well as managing and ensuring the timely delivery of projects while working in a fast-paced environment – read on!
The Project Manager will ensure successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of a project. This will be accomplished this by monitoring and coordinating the activities of a cross-functional team in order to deliver projects according to plan. Interaction and reporting to the VP of Engineering.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop project plans and budgets.
- Prepare detailed scheduling, targets and resource planning for R & D and Engineering Projects.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in according to management.
- Ongoing communication, coordination and follow up with engineering/project managers on project progress; tracking and monitoring project milestones and deliverables.
- Track project deliveries using project management tools and escalating critical issues to minimize project risk factors.
- Weekly reporting of project progress, issues and delays to the VP of Engineering
- Assess the risks and propose mitigation plans.
- Prepare the QA of the project.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Define project performance criteria.
- Monitor cost/schedule performance throughout project.
- Develop any business relationships required to the success of the project.
- Communication and follow up with sub-contractors and vendors to establish cordial/effective working relationship.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with cross-functional teams on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills – persuasive, encouraging, motivating and team oriented.
- Possesses critical thinking, conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities in a high-pressure environment is crucial;
- Strong technical skills (asset) with an ability to quickly assimilate new ideas and concepts;
- Highly proficient with MS Project and MS Office
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (preferably in Engineering)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in technical Product and/or Project management
- PMP certification or equivalent experience
- First hand knowledge of all aspects of the hardware & software development process;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of satellite communications is an asset
Make your future at Advantech Wireless, we are more than a global company filled with innovative technology, it is the belief that the future of leading-edge communication lies with us, and in every situation one should be able to connect to the world.
We thank all those who apply but only short listed candidates will be contacted. Advantech Wireless is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now